Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting (low fat)

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup plain yogurt
Beat until lemon colored (5 minutes)

Add and mix
2 cups cooked pumpkin

Sift together:
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups flour
Mix until blended

Bake in a 10"x15" jelly roll pan at 350 for 20 minutes. Pan should be greased and floured.
Cool in pan.

Frosting
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 Tablespoons butter, softened
3 cups confectioner's sugar
2 tsp. vanilla

Blend cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over top. Cut into bars.

I think everyone probably has a version of this recipe. It turns out great everytime, but I doubled the frosting. It never seemed like enough to cover the cake. If you are traveling you may want to refrigerate this, just to keep the frosting firm. Doesn't it get you excited for fall, to see pumpkin recipes? It does me.

I've taken the fat out of the cake, but I guess I put it back in the frosting.  I tried though, I really tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment