Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Crepes

In a large blender, mix the following:

1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup flour

Let mixture sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Cook in a nonstick pan for 1-2 minutes. I believe true crepes are cooked on only one side. But, I have to cook mine on the other side for just a few seconds to feel like they are done.

This is Roxanne's recipe and I have used it for years. When I make a batch, I double the recipe but do not double the water (leaving it at a half cup.) A double batch yields 25 crepes (6 inch).
FYI: A double batch won't fit in my regular sized blender. I have to use my bigger blender that fits on my Bosch mixer.

Here are our favorites:
Carmel and cream cheese (so good with Mrs. Richardson's carmel.)
Nutella and bananas.
Strawberries with strawberry jam and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.

(Most of the crepes I see are so overcooked. I think the perfect crepe is lightly browned.)

No comments:

Post a Comment